The simple questions are always the hardest to fully answer.
Why SIPs – indeed?
Don’t we know the answer?
Well, I know the answers commonly given. A quick search of the manufacturer’s literature gives the standard list of reasons:
- To provide unmatched comfort in our buildings.
- To make our buildings two to three times stronger than stick-built structures.
- To cut construction time – which is worth money.
- To shift field labor to factory labor which cuts costs.
- To shift construction to a controlled environment which enables higher quality.
- To aid in the tighter scheduling of the whole job.
- To provide a structure that discourages the growth of mold and mildew.
- To provide a building with superior acoustic isolation from it’s environment.
- To build with materials that have a smaller environmental footprint.
- To build with materials that may be recycled.
- To lower our heating and cooling bills.